Why Should I enrol onto this course?
Enrol onto this course and you will find it useful for employment in health care as someone who is regularly interacting with dementia sufferers.
This course provides a thorough understanding of all aspects of this complex subject.
You will gain profound knowledge and understanding of the dementia sufferers’ physical, psychological and emotional needs and be able provide them with the best possible care.
The programme consisting of 7 easy-to-digest modules can be studied from anywhere, at anytime that best fits around your existing commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will improve your clinical practice when working with people with dementia.
By completing all 7 modules you will:
- Discover what it is like for someone to have dementia, gaining a greater understanding of the two types of dementia as well as how dementia affects body functioning.
- Outline the longitudinal model of early-onset dementia.
- Look at examples of self-protective and integrative coping strategies and establish problems associated with cortical and subcortical dementias.
- Explore the elements of ‘person-centred care’ and learn why a person-centred approach is important within dementia care.
- Recognise care standards that should be met when caring for older people and recognise the communication problems experienced by a person with dementia.
- Discover how to effectively communicate with people with dementia, and be familiar of three “challenging behaviours” within dementia care.
- Know of the general codes of practice for working with dementia clients and be aware of “Pharmacological and psychological” intervention approaches” that can promote and maintain independence.
- Understand the effects of caring on the carers, and establish support systems to relieve the burden on the caregiver.
- Explore what legislation is designed to protect and safeguard vulnerable adults including “ethics” and “morals” linked to dementia.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No Prior knowledge is necessary to enrol onto this course.
- Ideal for anyone who is looking to pursue a career in this field full-time or part -time.
- You will gain a endorsed Diploma.
- Be able to put in place a support system for family members who may be suffering from this condition as well as offer support on a professional level.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
Units of Study
- The Subjective Experience of Dementia
- The Condition: What is Dementia?
- Care: Theory and Practice
- Communication and Dementia
- Context of Care: Interventions
- Carers: Working with Families
- Challenges: Legal and Ethical Issues