At your own pace and convenience you’ll study the fascinating art of inbound sales, developing the techniques that can increase sales and make you an indispensible part of any sales team.
The course content represents a steep learning curve – by the end, you’ll be fully prepared to handle inbound sales calls, and become a valuable asset within a wide range of organisations operating in the marketplace. Modules are:
- First impressions
- How to say it
- The psychology of persuasion
- Cross-selling and up-selling
- More than a mouthpiece.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The five modules within this course comprehensively cover the skills and strategies needed to be a highly effective inbound sales agent.
Module 1 – First impressions
This module give learners the understanding and skills needed to open inbound sales calls effectively. First impressions last, and you’ll discover how to represent a company in the best way possible, ensuring the caller’s experience is outstanding.
- How to make callers feel welcome and glad they have reached you
- The relative merits of two-, three- and four-stroke greetings
- How to be sensitive to the effect that delays or wait-times may have on the customer prior to the call being connected to you
- What to say and what not to say after the opening.
Module 2 – How to say it
The second section of the course looks at the six key variables that determine the quality of the customer’s response to your voice. The phone call might be the first impression the client gets of you and your business, so the way you speak to them will have a decisive effect on how they rate your customer service and their future with your business.
After this module, you will know how and when to apply six principal variables to your speech patterns for a positive effect on customers. These are:
- Word Emphasis.
Module 3 – The psychology of persuasion
Good inbound sales agents have an intuitive understanding of psychology, picking up on and responding to customers’ emotions and desires. The learning objectives of this module are:
- How to manage emotions—yours and those of the customer
- The importance of catching the customer’s enthusiasm
- When a customer is most prone to make additional purchase decisions
- The six buying influences and how to utilise them in a sales conversation
- Three ways to turn an inquiry into a decision to purchase now.
Module 4 – Cross-selling and up-selling
This part of the course teaches you how to seize opportunities during a call and increase orders. Mastering this technique will enable you to put into practice the maxim: increase in sales = increase in profits. After this module, you will be able to:
- Bridge from one purchase to an opportunity to present another
- Ask questions effectively to uncover opportunities for cross-selling or up-selling
- Use stories, anecdotes and examples as cross-selling devices.
Module 5 – More than a mouthpiece
The final module gives you guidance for the additional and related role of market researcher. Completing this module means you’ve succeeded in all the learning objectives:
- The primary source of new ideas
- How to listen for the un-addressed need
- How to get the customer to describe what they would really like to have
- How to provide market feedback to management within your company about existing products or services.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- This course requires no prior knowledge or experience of inbound sales.
- In just five modules, you will cover the skills necessary to perform the job of inbound sales agent to a high level.
- Mastering techniques such as up-selling and cross-selling adds another dimension to a sales strategy, and is highly profitable for a company.
- By becoming effective in this, and other techniques, you will become a valuable asset to any company, with the ability to increase profits.