Supplement your knowledge with our Master Herbalist (Phytotherapy) Diploma and discover the benefits and uses of botanical products for cooking, health, beauty and nutrition.
MASTER HERBALIST (PHYTOTHERAPY) DIPLOMA
Why Should I enrol onto this course?
Promising to be fun-filled, is this self-paced programme, which has been organised into 25 easy-to-digest modules. This comprehensive master course delivers a spectrum of information on herbal medicine, aromatherapy and flower essences. The nature of the course structure is so flexible that you will have no problem slotting it into your current commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
With this herbalism course, you will gain a thorough understanding of nearly 900 herbs, their habitat, uses and actions as well as any contradictions. And that’s not all! – You will also learn of the theory and uses of aromatherapy oils, flower essences, Bach remedies and tissue salts.
- Understand the contributions made to Herbalism by Culpepper and Dioscorides.
- Understand the Doctrine of Signatures .
- Evaluate the science of Herbology and the role of a Herbalist.
- Learn what a herb is.
- Understanding Plants and identify the parts of a plant, detailing the growing stages from seed to pollination.
- Differentiate between annuals, perennials and biennial.
- Understand the process of photosynthesis and how this ties up with the precious substances required by plants.
- Understand why plants might be toxic and what tests can be used to determine toxicity.
- Understand how foods can improve and maintain health.
- Identify the different herbs, their source, appearance and uses.
- Discover the Herbs of the Bible .
- Understand the concept of Chinese medicine.
- Understand the origin and concept of Ayurveda.
- Understand the organisation of body systems.
- Identify various disease states.
- Understand the different ways herbs may be ingested or used .
- Understand over 60 Essential Oils and how to use them.
- Understand remedies used in Bach and homeopathy, learn of their uses and safety.
- Understand the relation of colour to the chakras.
- Understand nutrients and their functions in the body .
- Understand the link to the spirit.
- Understand the importance of labelling.
- Understand the importance of The Product Licence.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- By completing this course you will be fully conversant with modern practices relating to the use of herbal and plant remedies.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Along with a wealth of knowledge, the course prepares you with all legal aspects of operating your own herbal medicine consultancy, providing you with up-to-date information on running your own business.
Units of Study
- History of Herbal Medicine
- What is a Herb?
- Botany – Understanding Plants
- Biochemistry and Chemistry
- Contra-Indications and Cautions
- Outlines of over 850 Herbs and Practical Work to do
- Herbs of the Bible
- Outline of Chinese Medicine
- Outline of Ayurvedic Medicine
- Outline of Clinical Medicine
- How to make Compresses, Decoctions and Tinctures etc
- Over 60 Essential Oils and how to use them plus Index
- Herbs used in Homeopathy and Bach Remedies
- Flower Essences plus Index of Lessons 23 and 24
- Outline of Nutrition, Cooking and Cultivation of Herbs
- Spiritual Dimension