Gain the valuable principles of sport and exercise science Acquire a specialist skillset to be able to incorporate physiological and pathological processes to make sure participants are training and competing safely.
Expand your capabilities to provide an immediate response when sport and exercise related injuries occur and learn how to apply massage to improve movement and activity.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
10 Fun-filled, easy-to-digest modules will prepare you for a thriving career in an ever-expanding industry. You have online access to study this programme from anywhere, at anytime that best suits your existing commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Discover the different movements used in massage.
- Understand fibrositis.
- Explain the following:
- Cross Fibre massage is mainly effective on.
- Compression massage.
- Muscle stripping and its benefits.
- Look at the different types of mechanical massage and their benefits.
- Understand what constitutes a contra indication.
- Recognise why is it important to warm up before exercise.
- Understand the benefits of ice treatment and when it should be used.
- Learn about the categories of sports massage.
- Discover the range of movement of the foot.
- Learn of 2 types of massage that will help ligament leg strains.
- Identify symptoms and treatment of the following conditions:
- Medial Ligament Strain.
- Cartilage Problems.
- Patella Tendonitis.
- Iliotibial Tract Pain.
- Understand Osgood Schlatters condition in brief.
- Discover how you would massage the quadriceps.
- Look at the position of the hamstrings and learn how to adapt the massage if they were very tense and tight.
- Learn the movements for massaging the biceps muscle and how you would adapt if strained.
- Understand Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and how it can be treated.
- Know the procedures you would follow before starting any work around the neck area.
- Identify the signs of neck tension.
- Learn how to relieve tension in the trapezius.
- Identify symptoms of back injuries.
- Identify when to refer the client to a GP or specialist.
- Be able to explain the effect of poor posture on the muscles of the back.
- Be able to explain how to provide a Trigger Point treatment.
- Learn how the pectoral muscles are treated by the massage therapist.
- Identify the main muscles of the abdomen describe how you can work on them.
- Explore how to advertise your business.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Available with immediate access from anywhere.
- It can be studied in your own time, at your own pace.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course, you will be awarded: Anendorsed Diploma.
Units of Study
- Basic massage techniques
- Specific movement for massage
- Contra-indications to massage
- Sports injury massage
- Massage of the knee
- Massage of the leg
- Massage of the arm, elbow and wrist
- Massage of the neck and shoulders
- Massage of the back and buttocks area
- Massage of the chest and abdomen
- Advertising your services